Sunday, December 6, 2009

Copenhagen Day 0

We think it was a good sign that the first snow in Mass landed today, in the morning. It was not too late.


 

I was late for my 11:20 bus today, but sort of intentionally, as I found out Anna, a friend graduated in the spring, was driving back to Cambridge after a short sweet visit. That was what I wanted, a ride to Boston, not PeterPan, at the very beginning.

So here on my Oth day of the trip to Copenhagen, my overarching theory of life-whatever it will work in the end, manifested itself. We'll see how it goes.

I arrived in Iceland around 7 am local time. I slept on the chair for two hours, and I woke up and found the terminals were empty. This was like 10 in the morning. All duty-free shops were shut even before I went to chair. I went back to sleep much as it was very cold. I wonder what the working schedule is here in Iceland. Too bad the internet charges and I did not get to google it.

I kept thinking airport as a focal point of international migration—a port of flow of people and flow. I am amazed, like never before, at how mobile humanity has become, how great that feels and how costly it is as well.

I looked through the window of the airport—the sun was low, land was flat, with distant snow-capped mountains. I saw sth like water towers, I had secretly wished it was related to Geothermal. I had wished the hot water I used in the bath room was heated by the earth;s inner energy. I wonder how long that will last. It just occurred why geothermal is considered renewable if it is depletable. But it is definitely non-fossil, clean and neat.

Everything;s been short and great about Iceland, except Iceland air is cheap and so is the service provision. And I left my precious golden lotus flower necklace I bought in India at the airport. Damn it.

Now, Copenhagen, is just one hour away (I am typing this in the air). I can't quite believe. We've waited for so long. It seems unreal.




This one is nice. I also saw Coke has "Hope-nhagen" ad everywhere. I am not sure what it is hoping for.
Union with 7 other team member from China, the whole bus was amazed at how much stuff we brought.

Tomorrow, 7:30 am. Let's get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment