Sunday, December 6, 2009

Copenhagen Day 0


We think it was a good sign that the first snow in Mass landed today, in the morning. It was not too late.

I was late for my 11:20 bus today, but sort of intentionally, as I found out Anna, a friend graduated in the spring, was driving back to Cambridge after a short sweet visit. That was what I wanted, a ride to Boston, not PeterPan, at the very beginning.

So here on my Oth day of the trip to Copenhagen, my overarching theory of life-whatever it will work in the end, manifested itself. We’ll see how it goes.

I arrived in Iceland around 7 am local time. I slept on the chair for two hours, and I woke up and found the terminals were empty. This was like 10 in the morning. All duty-free shops were shut even before I went to chair. I went back to sleep much as it was very cold. I wonder what the working schedule is here in Iceland. Too bad the internet charges and I did not get to google it.

I kept thinking airport as a focal point of international migration—a port of flow of people and flow. I am amazed, like never before, at how mobile humanity has become, how great that feels and how costly it is as well.

I looked through the window of the airport—the sun was low, land was flat, with distant snow-capped mountains. I saw sth like water towers, I had secretly wished it was related to Geothermal. I had wished the hot water I used in the bath room was heated by the earth;s inner energy. I wonder how long that will last. It just occurred why geothermal is considered renewable if it is depletable. But it is definitely non-fossil, clean and neat.

Everything;s been short and great about Iceland, except Iceland air is cheap and so is the service provision. And I left my precious golden lotus flower necklace I bought in India at the airport. Damn it.

Now, Copenhagen, is just one hour away (I am typing this in the air). I can’t quite believe. We’ve waited for so long. It seems unreal.

pictures at Iceland



This one is nice. I also saw Coke has “Hope-nhagen” ad everywhere. I am not sure what it is hoping for.
Union with 7 other team member from China, the whole bus was amazed at how much stuff we brought.

Tomorrow, 7:30 am. Let’s get started.



2 comments:

  1. yiting...

    haha.. so glad to know everything goes great with you...


    if you have time, could you please check your mhc email...

    i sent you an email...ha


    luv ya.

    cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to reading this, yiting. sorry didn't get to see you before you left!

    keep doing great things!

    love,
    brooke

    ReplyDelete